I bet that you have not met a CTO who cares that much about end users!
Where does this "UX CTO" come from?
It's my unique blend of thinking about user experience via my engineering background, passion for compliance and CTO career in agency.
You can watch my 90-seconds intro to learn more!
- Co-founder, CTO and Client Services Officer at Cyber-Duck Ltd. We partner with clients to design, build and optimise their digital experience platforms, turning them into award-winning solutions.
- Part-time Youtuber publishing "Digital Blitz", a series of 2-minute briefs on everything UX, Tech and Compliance.
- Enterprise Advisor for the Elstree Screen Arts Academy with Herts LEP, helping develop their career programme, improve student employability and awareness about careers in the digital space. Guest speaker at Founders4Schools and Teens in AI.
- CMI Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (QCF) from the Chartered Management Institute.
Becoming a creator
Joining Write of Passage #5 and On Dec Performative Speaking fellowships during the Covid19 pandemic really pushed me out of my comfort zone and improved my reading > thinking > writing > teaching process. I am now on a mission to share my experience to everyone working in digital. By following best practices, designers, developers and marketers can make BETTER decisions, build BETTER products and deliver BETTER experiences for their teams and customers.
I am publishing articles and educational videos about how my role as a CTO supports our team delivering successful digital transformation projects for clients. I cover topics such as:
* People - Leadership on growing a team, managing clients and partners;
* Process - Delivering efficiency & compliance with ISO / GDPR standards;
* UX - The importance of usability and accessibility in building digital services;
* Technology - Open-source CMS / DXP platforms, API and MarTech tools.
Growing a business
Upon joining an e-commerce startup in Florida back in 2005, I immediately knew that it was the right path for me. I love being involved in many areas (tech, sales, operations, IT...) and small companies are an amazing place to learn by making decisions that shape up a business. Moving back to London in 2006, I joined Cyber-Duck Ltd. As a co-founder, we have seen the company grow organically from strength to strength: from a 2-man band back then to a 90+ strong team today.
The development of our amazing team, the evolution of our services / operations and continued growth throughout the years (including during the 2008 and Covid19 crisis) has been the most rewarding experience I could dream of.
Family life & Sports
Outside of work, I enjoying spending time at home and travelling with my pilot wife and 2 amazing daughters. I am passionate about developing them into grateful and well-rounded human beings, exploring foreign cultures and letting them discover their passion. I ran the Vitality triathlon in London back in May 2015. I really enjoyed pushing myself and the training it took months before to get into shape.
We keep our sanity through sports, enjoying runs and mountain bike excursions in leafy Berlin!